Pet Insurance Claims
At Petplan we do all we can to process your pet insurance claims quickly and fairly. To make a claim, simply download and fill in all the sections with the relevant information. Ensure that all relevant itemised invoiced are included and if it is your first claim with Petplan, ask your vet to supply a full veterinary history and attach it to your claim.
Submitting Your Claim
Please note, that for ease of submission you can simply take a photo with your mobile or scan your supporting documents such as the veterinary invoices.
Select the relevant species
Download and complete your claim form. Attach receipts with any supporting documents, and email to:
Alternatively, you may post your claim to Petplan Australasia Pty Ltd, 1-3 Smolic Crt, Tullamarine, VIC 3043
Processing Of Your Claim
We’ll send you a letter on the outcome of your claim. Your successful claim will be paid from Petplan in a choice of three ways.
Pet Insurance Claim Checklist
- Credit into your bank account that your monthly premium is direct debited from.
- Credit into the bank account that is nominated on the claims form at time of submission.
- Paid direct to your vet.*
*Conditions apply. Both the treating veterinarian/clinic and Petplan must mutually agree and are happy to proceed with this payment arrangement. Your treating veterinarian/clinic must complete and sign the Direct Payment Section on the claim form to begin this process. As per our PDS “If We receive a request to pay the claim settlement direct to a Veterinary practice, We reserve the right to decline this request.”
To help us process your claim without delay, make sure you have completed these steps:
- Make sure the form is fully completed before submitting a claim.
- Included all itemised receipts, as well as any vet consultation notes and other supporting documentation where relevant.
- Check on your Certificate of Insurance that you are not claiming for items that are not claimable under your policy, these include, but not limited to: routine and preventative care, (teeth cleaning, worming, desexing and vaccinations), any illness that occurred within your waiting period and or were pre-existing conditions.
- Please check your policy's excess amount before submitting the claim.
- Keep copies of all of your claim documentation for your records.
Petplan Australasia Pty Ltd
1-3 Smolic Crt, Tullamarine, VIC 3043
Phone : 1300 738 225
Email : email@example.com
Hours: Mon- Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm