Date: 26/05/14

Fresh Meat Poisons Dog


Fresh Meat Poisons Dog

Bambi the Shih Tzu became violently ill, shaking, collapsing, and requring immediate veterinary care. The cause? Raw meat. Her beloved pet parents had opted to treat their precious pooch to fresh mince from a butcher rather than regular canned dog food. The Daily Telegraph reports "sulphur dioxide is added to some pet meats at unregulated levels to preserve the meat and mask the signs of putrefaction, but high concentration of sulphur dioxide can cause thiamine deficiency and lead to neurological problems in dogs and cats." Story & photo credit: The Daily Telegraph.

Have you got a Question?

Or would you like further information on our insurance policies?

Contact our friendly and knowledgeable team today on   1300 738 225


Get A Quote