Vets have warned dog owners to take care while walking their pets at a park in Perth's southeastern suburbs following three cases of poisoning. The Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) said two of the dogs, which had been walked at Rushton Park in Kelmscott, had died after suspected 1080 poisoning. The poison is used to kill pest species such as foxes and feral cats.
If dog owners suspect their dog may have been poisoned, they should seek immediate veterinary attention. The AVA has provided vets and emergency vet hospitals in Perth with guidelines for treating potential 1080 poisoning cases. Click here for full story from Perth Now News.
Or would you like further information on our insurance policies?
Contact our friendly and knowledgeable team today on 1300 738 225
Software Development and Website Design by Synotive