Petplan pet insurance offers peace of mind for owners and support to the veterinary community. Dog insurance and cat insurance are two of the fastest-growing insurance types in Australia. But still many pet owners are unaware of pet insurance policies and their benefits.
It is estimated that each year over 10% of veterinary treatment cases result in the pet being put to sleep each year – because their owners couldn’t afford their treatment. Put simply having pet insurance means that this won’t happen to your pet. But pet insurance has many specific benefits, the most of which is peace of mind. In a perfect world, you would never have to make a claim on your pet insurance, but the reality isn’t that way. It is estimated that 1 out of 3 pets will require emergency veterinary care every year.
The benefits of Pet Insurance:
- Enables pet owners to save money when their pet is injured or ill.
- Empowers pet owner to not have to choose between their financial stability and their pet’s life.
- Enables pet owners to focus on the health of their pet, rather than the costs of their care.
- Saves on additional treatment costs, like stays in the veterinary hospital or X-rays.
- Increases the treatment options available to the pet, including medically necessary surgeries and chemotherapy.
- Ability to treat pets for costly procedures like tick paralysis, cruciate ligament surgery, cataract removal, spinal surgery or FLUTD surgery.
- If your pet is lost or stolen, some pet insurance plans offer funds as a reward to the individual who has found it. Pet insurance can also help cover the cost of boarding kennels/catteries if you are hospitalised or help with legal costs if your dog causes any damage or injury to a 3rd party.
This Blog was written by the furry family at Petplan Pet Insurance & Petplan EquineAustralia. We love pets and people who love pets! We offer pet Insurance for Dogs, Cats, Horses & Ponies (including third party liability; horse floats, saddlery & tack). We specialise in covered life dog insurance, cat insurance and equine insurance. Please visit us on Facebook or on our website.