Humans love nothing more than cooling down on a hot day with an ice cold drink or frozen treat, so why not make something refreshing your dog can enjoy in the warmer months too.
As the weather heats up, the freezer is your friend, so we???ve compiled our favourite frozen doggy treats to get your pooch through this summer. They are all super easy to make and healthy for your pup (and you too if you???re tempted to try them!)
- Pupsicles:??Fill up party cups with water mixed with either greek yoghurt or bits of fruit and stick a dog biscuit in each with half of it sticking out the top. Place in freezer for a few hours, and once frozen, remove the cup and let your pup enjoy!
- Frozen Kong:??Kong toys can make a great frozen treat so fill them up with greek yoghurt, fruit, peanut butter or event wet food, freeze and give your dog hours of fun.
- Chicken and Herb Ice Blocks:??These are perfect if your dog is on the chubby side and you are wanting a summertime treat without the fat and sugar. Mix low sodium organic chicken stock with parsley or mint and freeze in an ice cube tray.
- Frozen Meatballs:??Mix together 2 cups of cooked meat/poultry/fish with ?? cup greek yoghurt, a small handful of parsley, 1 cooked mashed up carrot and 3tbsp of olive oil. Spoon into ice cube tray and freeze.
- Yoghurt Pops:??Blend together 900g Greek yoghurt, 1 banana, 3tbs peanut butter and 1tbs honey. Pour into ice cube trays and place in the freezer until frozen.
Let us know in the comments if you have any secret recipes!