Treat your pooch to a healthy treat this Easter long weekend. It’s quick, easy and inexpensive. You can even have children make these fun treats for their pet as a great Easter project.??Be sure to check with your veterinarian to find out if your dog or cat has any special dietary requirements or restrictions.
Ingredients for Biscuits
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (if your dog is sensitive to wheat use a different type of flour)
- Extra flour for rolling out the dough
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup water
Ingredients for Icing
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Food colouring (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, and mix until well combined
- Press dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Lightly flour your work surface
- Roll dough out until it is about 1/2 inch thick
- Use Easter shaped a cookie cutter to cut out the treats.
- Bake at 180 for 25-30 minutes.
- While biscuits are baking make the icing.
- Mix together greek yoghurt, honey and food colouring in a bowl.
- Put the icing mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Allow biscuits to cool before icing them.
This Blog was written by the furry family at Petplan Australasia. Petplan Pet Insurance specialises in animal and animal industry insurance. Our practices keep the role that pet insurance plays in responsible pet ownership and the health of the pet at the forefront. For tips to keep your pet healthy, make sure you follow us on Facebook.